|Chapter: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |||Association Governance|
|Article: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |||Record Inspection|
|Section: 5200 | 5205 | 5210 | 5215 | 5220 | 5225 | 5230 | 5235 | 5240 ||
Section 5210 - Time Periods for Inspection
(a) Association records are subject to member inspection for the following time periods:
(1) For the current fiscal year and for each of the previous two fiscal years.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1), minutes of member and board meetings are subject to inspection permanently. If a committee has decisionmaking authority, minutes of the meetings of that committee shall be made available commencing January 1, 2007, and shall thereafter be permanently subject to inspection.
(b) When a member properly requests access to association records, access to the requested records shall be granted within the following time periods:
(1) Association records prepared during the current fiscal year, within 10 business days following the association's receipt of the request.
(2) Association records prepared during the previous two fiscal years, within 30 calendar days following the association's receipt of the request.
(3) Any record or statement available pursuant to Article 2 (commencing with Section 4525) of Chapter 4, Article 7 (commencing with Section 5300), Section 5565, or Section 5810, within the timeframe specified therein.
(4) Minutes of member and board meetings, within the timeframe specified in subdivision (a) of Section 4950.
(5) Minutes of meetings of committees with decisionmaking authority for meetings commencing on or after January 1, 2007, within 15 calendar days following approval.
(6) Membership list, within the timeframe specified in Section 8330 of the Corporations Code.
(c) There shall be no liability pursuant to this article for an association that fails to retain records for the periods specified in subdivision (a) that were created prior to January 1, 2006.
This section is referenced in Section 5205
Prior Law: Old CID Section 1365.2(i)-(k)
Amended: Statutes of 2012, Chapter 180
Similar to CI-CID: None